What are you looking for?
When you work with Maryville University, you are part of a vibrant community leading a revolution in higher education. With strategic precision and vision, we’re building a university for the future.
Join a dedicated staff of professionals who are encouraged to explore, create and excel.
Job no: 492275
Work type: Faculty
Location: St. Louis, MO
Categories: College of Arts & Sciences
Job Summary/Basic Function
Maryville University is accepting applications for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position in Actuarial Science or Data Science. The successful candidate will teach undergraduate and graduate courses in the Data Science and/or the Actuarial Science programs, both in online and traditional face-to-face course settings. Additionally, the successful candidate must be committed to teaching excellence in a student-centered environment, must have the ability to work collaboratively with others, employ the latest technology tools, and have demonstrated scholarly potential. The competitive candidate must be committed to fostering a culturally diverse atmosphere for faculty, staff, and students. Salary and rank dependent on qualifications.
• Master’s degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Actuarial Science• Evidence of excellent teaching potential in actuarial science or data science• Student centered approach and passion for teaching and mentoring a diverse student population• Demonstrated evidence of research potential• Strong commitment to service to students, department, university and profession
• Ph.D. in Statistics, Biostatistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Actuarial Science• ASA or FSA from Society of Actuaries• Professional experience in actuarial science or data science• Experience in online teaching and course development• Strong publication record and research potential• Teach with technology to create student-centered classrooms
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
• An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
• Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
• Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
Advertised: October 09, 2019
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
We will email you new jobs that match this search.
Ok, we will send you jobs like this.
The email address was invalid, please check for errors.
You must agree to the privacy statement
Powered by PageUp
Subscribe to jobs