What are you looking for?
When you work with Maryville University, you are part of a vibrant community leading a revolution in higher education. With strategic precision and vision, we’re building a university for the future.
Join a dedicated staff of professionals who are encouraged to explore, create and excel.
Job no: 492491
Work type: Full-time
Location: St. Louis, MO
Categories: College of Arts & Sciences, Information Technology
Job Summary/Basic Function
At Maryville University, we power dreams-not just degrees. Our vision is to be the innovative leader in higher education promoting a revolution in student learning that expands access and opportunities for all.Maryville University is searching for an energetic and passionate tenure-track Assistant Professor of Computer Science to join the College of Arts & Sciences. We seek educators who think innovatively, build competence in technology, and use engaging pedagogy to help our students deepen their learning and broaden their perspectives. The candidate must be committed to fostering a positive, culturally diverse atmosphere for faculty, staff and students.
Responsibilities for all faculty members:• Teach assigned courses as specified in the schedule and course contract, employing a variety of pedagogical styles to effectively deliver course content demonstrating both academic and real-world applications of concepts covered.• Develop innovative pedagogical strategies, including the use of technology, to deliver course content in a meaningful and engaging manner.
• Work closely with the instructional design team to develop and deliver online course content.
• Foster a teaching-learning environment that values and supports the diversity of students’ ideas, opinions, and backgrounds and prepares them for success in a culturally diverse workforce.
•Work collaboratively with appropriate faculty to review and develop curriculum.
•Ensure that program learning and specific course outcomes are assessed for continuous improvement• Work closely with advisees and Life Coaches to facilitate students’ academic and personal success.• Propose and work toward a productive research/scholarship agenda consonant with the demands of a teaching-focused institution.• Serve on School and University committees as needed.
• Facilitate an Advisory Council to provide feedback and review of the computer science program.
• Foster mutually beneficial relationships with professionals to build internship and career opportunities and cutting-edge, market-relevant curriculum.
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related field from a regionally accredited institution• Student-centered approach and passion for teaching and mentoring a diverse student population• Strong commitment to service students, department, university, and profession
• PhD in Computer Science or related field from a regionally accredited institution• Experience in online teaching and online course development• Experience with higher education curriculum development• Background in one or more of the following areas: Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, and Blockchain.• Experience with virtual machines (local and cloud-based)
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background screening.
Final rank will be determined based upon qualifications.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
Advertised: April 08, 2021
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
We will email you new jobs that match this search.
Great, we can send you jobs like this, if this is your first time signing up, please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
The email address was invalid, please check for errors.
You must agree to the privacy statement
Powered by PageUp
Subscribe to jobs