Job Summary/Basic Function
In keeping with our mission and vision statement, Maryville actively seeks adjunct faculty members who are experts in fields and have a passion for teaching. Adjunct faculty are an integral part of the University’s learning community and courses on campus.
The College of Arts and Sciences is accepting applications for an academically qualified adjunct faculty member to teach different Data Science courses on campus including:
• DSCI 200 - Foundations of Data Science
• DSCI 201 - Math Modeling-Excel
• DSCI 302 - Introduction to R
• DSCI 303 - Introduction to Python
• DSCI 304 - Introduction to SQL
• DSCI 307 - SAS Programming
• DSCI 314 - Natural Language Processing
• DSCI 318 - Experimental Design
• DSCI 324 - Data Visualization
• DSCI 408 - Machine Learning
• DSCI 412 - Predictive Modeling
• DSCI 417 - Big Data Analytics
• DSCI 419 - Deep Learning
• DSCI 498 - Capstone Project
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
• Teach assigned course as specified in the schedule and course contract.
• Participate in welcome orientation to become familiar with the University’s mission, academic policies and procedures,
• expectations, and Canvas (Learning Management System).
• Clearly communicate course objectives and learning outcomes, teaching methodology, and assignments and deadlines.
• Employ a variety of teaching styles in order to effectively deliver course content demonstrating both academic and real-world applications of concepts covered.
• Encourage active learning through discussion topics, class assignments, group projects, etc.
• Provide feedback and grade assignments in a timely and thorough manner (within 24-36 hrs.).
• Establish digital office hours to provide additional assistance with student questions/concerns.
• Report early alerts for students who are not actively engaging in the course.
• Additional duties as assigned.
Special Instructions to Applicants
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.