Job Summary/Basic Function
At Maryville University, we power dreams, not just degrees. Our vision is to be the innovative leader in higher education, promoting a revolution in student learning that expands access and opportunities for all.
The Program Coordinator position reports directly to the Director of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion. The Office of Diversity and Inclusion is part of the division of Student Life at Maryville University. Currently, the Diversity and Inclusion staff consists of a Director, three Program Coordinators, and a graduate assistant.
- Maintain university compliance with the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) by serving as a Designated School Official (DSO)
- Process, update, and maintain SEVIS data under the guidelines of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Advise current international students and their dependents, helping them maintain lawful immigration status and abide by all applicable federal and state laws (ie. filing taxes)
- Advise and process eligible F-1 authorizations including CPT, OPT, reinstatements, RCLs, COS, medical leave, economic hardship, etc. in accordance with Maryville policies.
- Coordinate and plan programming that supports the unique needs of F-1 international students including the development and implementation of retention strategies, new international student orientation program, and leading various workshops.
- Establish and maintain professional networks and relationships with local, state, national, and international organizations and governmental agencies
- Serve as the primary SACM contact and manage communication and student issues, advocate for students campus-wide, and troubleshoot and address problems and student concerns
- Attend activities and events in the St. Louis area.
- Evenings and weekends work required as related to programming outcomes for the position
- Build and cultivate relationships with campus and St. Louis community partners
- Assist with Office of Diversity and Inclusion campus-wide programs
- Other Duties as Assigned
Special Instructions to Applicants
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.