Job Summary/Basic Function
Job Summary/Basic Function In keeping with our mission and vision statement, Maryville University actively seeks adjunct faculty members who are experts in their fields and have a passion for teaching. Adjunct faculty are an integral part of the University’s learning community.
The John E. Simon School of Business is accepting applications for an academically/professionally qualified adjunct faculty member to teach an undergraduate Global Marketing course during the Spring 2023 semester. The course will be conducted face-to-face on our main campus and scheduled during regular business hours. Applicants would need to have reliable transportation as well as the flexibility to teach during the daytime.
MKT-474 Global Marketing
Description: Many American businesses (e.g., Coca-Cola, McDonald’s, Boeing) now generate over half their revenues from markets outside of the United States. Exploiting fast-growing markets in developing countries present profitable opportunities for businesses of all kinds. This course examines how economic, social, cultural, political, legal, and financial environments play an important role when formulating marketing plans for individual countries in the global marketplace. The pace and complexity of regional integration and interdependence, cultural diversity, electronic communications, and terrorism all create constant challenges and opportunities for marketers.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
• Must be committed to fostering a culturally diverse atmosphere.
• Teach assigned course as specified in the schedule and course contract.
• Participate in welcome orientation to become familiar with the University’s mission, academic policies and procedures, expectations, and Canvas (Learning Management System).
• Create a course syllabus and content to facilitate active learning in the classroom. Provide additional context for course content for in-person delivery.
• Clearly communicate course objectives and learning outcomes, teaching methodology, assignments and deadlines, using available technology with Canvas.
• Employ a variety of teaching styles in order to effectively deliver course content demonstrating both academic and real-world applications of concepts covered.
• Encourage active learning through discussion topics, class assignments, group projects, etc.
• Provide feedback and grade assignments in a timely and thorough manner.
• Establish times outside of class to assist students with additional questions and concerns.
• Report early alerts for students who are not actively engaging in the course.
• Additional duties, as assigned, will vary based on course(s) taught.
• Master’s degree in Marketing, MBA, or an applicable business-related field from a regionally accredited institution.
• Willingness and ability to learn new academic technology and engaged pedagogy to facilitate student learning.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
Special Instructions to Applicants
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants would need to have reliable transportation as well as the flexibility to teach during the daytime on our main campus.
While the School of Business is searching for a qualified applicant to teach the specified course during the Spring 2023 semester, the department is also using this posting to build a qualified pool of instructors to fill teaching needs as they arise.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.