What are you looking for?
When you work with Maryville University, you are part of a vibrant community leading a revolution in higher education. With strategic precision and vision, we’re building a university for the future.
Join a dedicated staff of professionals who are encouraged to explore, create and excel.
Job no: 492571
Work type: Full-time
Location: St. Louis, MO
Job Summary/Basic Function
Maryville University is looking to hire a Coordinator of Library Research and Instruction. The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker and experienced relationship builder. This person will provide reference, research services, and instruction to students and faculty in support of University values. The Coordinator will also supervise Library Research and Instruction Specialists. The successful candidate must be committed to fostering a welcoming environment for a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In this role you will: • Provide prompt, accurate, and professional answers for basic to advanced inquiries using primarily online resources including databases, eBooks and streaming resources • Create, deliver, and assess content for active learning library instruction and workshops for students, staff and faculty • Serve as library liaison for assigned departments and academic majors across the University to express the University’s core values and their relation to the Library • Serve as an active member of the Library team in strategic planning, collection management, and assessment efforts with focus on the future of modern academic library technology, services and spaces • Build effective partnerships and outreach with appropriate on- and off-campus units, programs, and faculty, including the Center for Teaching and Learning • Facilitate an inclusive and participatory environment • Research and evaluate current library practices in order to prioritize future needs aligning with campus strategic initiatives
• MLS or MLIS from an ALA accredited school, or appropriate equivalent • Superb written and oral communication skills • Exemplary customer service and interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively present information • Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately • Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic team environment • Ability to be adaptable, intuitive, and flexible • Strong sense of initiative; self-starter • Proven ability to work and communicate effectively in a diverse environment
• Working knowledge of integrated library systems, LibGuides, and OPAC software • Academic library experience • Experience working with diverse content and populations • Organizational policy, procedure, and strategy development • Supervisory experience
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
• An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
• Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
• Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
Advertised: August 25, 2021
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
We will email you new jobs that match this search.
Great, we can send you jobs like this, if this is your first time signing up, please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
The email address was invalid, please check for errors.
You must agree to the privacy statement
Powered by PageUp
Subscribe to jobs